Cornhole for a cause? Battle of the bags? Call it what you like. We call it fun! Join your pals at Horse Thief Hollow on Sunday, May 20, for our first annual “Brews, Bags & Art” event. It’s a bean bags tournament and art auction rolled into one, a little somethin’ we put together in honor of Illinois Craft Beer Week, May 18–25. With food, music, and HTH craft beer—because we love a party!
First things first: a pack of competitive teams will square off in our parking lot, playing with one-of-a-kind boards hand painted by local artists. Registration is limited to the first 32 teams that enter. Dragging your heels is not recommended. Register now via EventBrite.
- A team consists of 2 players, 21 years or older, with no gender rules.
- The entry fee is $50 per team.
- All teams are guaranteed 4 games (3 pool play + single elimination tournament).
- Registration and warmups are from 11:00 am to noon.
- Pool play begins at 12:00 pm and will determine seeding.
- Single elimination tournament play begins after the pool rounds.
- Competition will be held in the HTH parking lot, with up to 8 games playing simultaneously.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 teams!
- $500 will go to the winning team*
- $250 for 2nd Place team*
- $100 for 3rd Place team*
*assumes 32 teams
Starting at noon, we’ll have HTH Parallel Universe, Chicago Common and gourmet hot dogs available for purchase outside. Vinyl deejays These Old Men They Play Records will spin for us, and the talented Cathy Sorich of Marvelous Faces will be face painting. Be sure to check out our new and improved mural, which is being updated by HTH’s über gifted bar manager and artist Lizzy Benner.
The Art Auction
We’re gonna try and go high tech and set up an online silent auction of all the tournament boards painted by local artists. Details to come on that, but the auction will take place at the end of the tournament, after winning teams are announced. A portion of proceeds from the art auction will be donated to the following community partners:
Rain date: June 3
We’re NOT saying rain! But just in case of bad weather, our bags tournament and art auction has a rain date of Sunday, June 3.